Stan Minka started his financial services career in 1977 with MetLife, just after graduating from High Point College with a degree in mathematics. Born and raised in the Wilmington area, Stan is a 1973 graduate of Alexis I. DuPont High School and currently resides in Avondale, PA with his wife Melissa of 30 years. They have four children – Paige, Shelby, Max, and Molly. Stan enjoys golf, family ski trips, and Eagles football.
Currently as a Financial Services Representative at CREATIVE, Stan very much enjoys his role in mentoring his team. He focuses his practice on retirement and estate planning for many of his “baby boom” clients and friends.
Coaching has always been part of Stan’s activities and he has enjoyed his roll with each of his kids as their soccer coach over the last 20 years, along with their teammates with the Hockessin Soccer Club. Serving on the Board of Directors for 8 years during his coaching years, Stan’s most cherished accomplishments include being involved with volunteers on the Vision – fundraising and development of a 17-acre parcel of land in Hockessin with a clubhouse, 3 grass soccer fields and 1 turf field, which today is the Delaware Rush Soccer Club.
Stan is a member of NAIFA and the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- American College – Chartered Life Underwriter designation, 1990
- American College – Chartered Financial Consultant designation, 1997
- Masters Science Financial Services – American College, 2004
- Past President of New Castle County (NAIFA), 2003-2004
- Past President of Delaware (NAIFA), 2011-2012
- Past President of the Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP), 1994-1995
- Recipient of the Charles B. Palmer Award, from National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors, 2005
- Graduate of the Leadership in Life Institute (LILI) with NAIFA
- Recipient of the Douglas F. Bennetti Award, from National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors 2016